Saturday 2 January 2010

Presentation week 11

In today’s lecture every group had to do a presentation about a given article that was provided by the lecture teacher David. As my group and I have been preparing for the last two weeks doing this presentation I have been excited as well as nervous about this presentation. The given topic that was provided for my group and I was Cognitive abilities and superior decision making under risk: A protocol analysis and process model evaluation we as a group all found it surprisingly challenging but at the same time it was straight forward understanding of the topic. As we had two weeks to prepare for the topic we took the opportunity wisely to present an adequate presentation.

However, this was the first presentation for me to undertake in front of such a large group of people I was also rather feeling anxious and wanted the presentation to be over and done with. Nevertheless as we approached the day of the presentation we all went up and all made sure that everyone was ready to present the topic. During I was astonishingly disappointed as the introduction was clearly presented of the topic even though one of my fellow group member had weeks to prepare. As when she finished the presentation we all felt a bit down but as it was my turn to present my part of he topic I found that I done quite well and had a clear outspoken presentation of the topic but at the same time I could have been less nervous. As the module’s assessment has been changed to coursework it was a bit of experience to all of us how to handle the outcome of such assessment.

Moreover the article was easily to understand as it demonstrates how individual difference in cognitive abilities and skills can predict normative superior and logically consistent judgement and decision. It also stated that people who are higher in cognitive abilities made more choices consistent with expected value.
However, theories most often assumed that the link between abilities and decision making result from the fact that more able individual have more cognitive resources available. Furthermore, I found that the beginning of the presentation could have been better explained as its one of the important part to be presented to the audience and preparation should have been made properly but its something to note down when another presentation take place

No comments:

Post a Comment